There is something to be said (mostly naughty words) about companies who have their technical support based in some warehouse full of people in India supposedly trying to "help" you resolve your technical issues. Blasted out-sourcing!
Our first bad experience was about 2 years ago with Hewlett Packard's "tech support" regarding our wretched printer in which we talked to 3 different "support people" over the course of about 2 weeks who flat out lied to us with various promises. No issues were resolved, by the way. There's something about a man with an Indian accent telling you his name is Mike Jones that just makes you a bit suspicious. Who does HP think we are?? Idiots! Oh, and when you ask to speak to the supervisor they tell you there isn't one and that someone will call you back. There is no one in the US you can transfer me to and you have no boss? Oh, and where's that phone call, Mike? It's been 2 years and no one has ever called us back. Wish I could get away with lying to people and not calling them back when I was working. I think I'd last for about 15 seconds. Anyways, even writing about this makes my blood boil!!
Anyways, our internet has been acting up lately so I called last night to get some help and where do you think they sent me first---to India to talk to some guy named Phillip who was not so helpful. I ended up getting bounced to 3 other people for a marathon phone call lasting 81 minutes. If that doesn't send a person into cardiac arrest (or labor), I don't know what will. This morning I called back since nothing worked from yesterday and have gotten myself all riled up again. I think this time we pinpointed the problem so at least there is hope. I just haven't taken action yet because I'm worn out. WORN OUT, I tell you!!
Anyways, the point of all this is that one of the websites I can't reach is my Yahoo mail. So if I'm not responding to you that's why. Bun is not here yet but maybe if I keep talking to these tech support retards he'll decide the tension inside is too much to bear and come on out. Could be a blessing in disguise?
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment