Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Does That Hotel Come in A 10-Pack?

So Saturday was my first day to relax since the past 2 weeks and last weekend all mushed together like one extra-long torturous 12-day week, what with my seminar last weekend and all. To celebrate my day of liberation we ventured out to Costco, seeing that we were in desperate need of bulk items like 48-count granola bars, 18-count yogurt cups, and our personal fave....36 rolls of quilted T.P. (toilet paper). Gotta love Costco. We also ate at the Cheesecake Factory at the mall....mmmm....Tex-Mex Eggrolls....

It has become tradition for us to invite Kara over for dinner, listen to the Aggie game on the internet, and play dominoes and cards. So we did that Saturday evening.

In the ongoing saga of my company trying to find a decently priced hotel room for me to stay in, a recent development was the travel department suggesting the following "hotel" (and I use the term "hotel" quite loosely)

www.hotelchelsea.com

Now I don't know what your hotel standards are but this place looks like it may be part of some shady goings on. Just the tag line on the front page:
"A rest stop for rare individuals" (what does that even mean??)
I can't decide if it looks like a haunted house, a prostitution hub or a druggie commune....or maybe a 3 fer 1 combo.....but after I spent about .0005 seconds on the website I fired back an email simply saying "Is this a joke?" Because, honestly, that's what this place looks like...a big joke. Why would you stay anywhere where there aren't pictures of the rooms??

So for now it's back to commuting. If only I could buy New York hotel rooms in bulk from Costco.....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin