So this week marks a year of me doing this Philadelphia-New York work thing. I must say it's been exciting to get to be in New York so often and what a blessing it was for me to continue working during the summer while Kyle had his internship. I can't believe it's been a full year already!
I was in New York Monday through Wednesday this week. My 3 day "business trip" started off with a bang since they evacuated Penn Station due to a tunnel fire or something so my train was held up in Newark for about 10 minutes. When we started up again we coasted into New York at a break neck speed of about 5 mph.
Going thru any tunnel is painful enough for me because I get calustrophobic---but especailly the tunnel from NJ to NY gets my head spinning with thoughts of the weight & water of the HUDSON RIVER ABOVE & AROUND ME!! And did I mention Monday was Sept. 11? So a tunnel ride that is normally 2 minutes took about 10 minutes. For a brief moment, I thought I might turn into "that lady" that hits her claustrophobic limit and rampages down the train-car aisle, wild eyed and spitting hysterical nonsense, needing to be subdued by passengers and crew. Thankfully "that lady" didn't surface due to my fervent prayers keeping my fears at bay. I was on the verge, though.....
While we were in California Debbie bought herself and all the kids webcams as an early Christmas present. Now we can all video-call eachother---this is especially useful in talking with (and seeing) the recently transplanted Bethancourts in Indonesia. This morning we talked with Justin, Erin and Debbie in Jakarta via our trusty webcam. Now we can chit-chat with them from the other side of the globe through our computer. Technology is amazing.
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

1 comment:
And Kyle did not even have the decency to put on clothes. Well it looked that way since the camera only showed his shirtless upper body!
Post a Comment