Friday, June 09, 2006

A Message from God....(literally)

So I haven't had much blog-worthy info these days. It's been a pretty hectic week with work and studying and after a few downer rainy days I just was feeling a little overwhelmed by it all.

So I trudged onto the subway tonight after work (possibly a teeny-weeny bit mopey) sat down on the plastic seat and when I looked up there was a girl sitting straight across from me wearing a black t-shirt with bold white lettering that read "Too Blessed to be Stressed". Hello, Lori?! This message is for you! That t-shirt put an instant smile on my face and was plastered there the whole way home. I hope the girl didn't think I was all nutso smiling at her goofily but whatever...it's the subway and people are goofy (and nutso) on the subway. Funny how the Lord puts things in our path right when we need them. I am too blessed to be stressed so "get over it!" I said to myself. Things could be much worse. And that was the end of my mopey-ness.

So that got me thinking...wouldn't it be so crazy if you went through life and every once in a while you'd spot people wearing black t-shirts with white-letter messages written specifically for you? Like this morning when I was going to work it would have been helpful if I would have passed someone wearing a t-shirt that read "You left your cell phone at home". That would have been useful but admittedly not quite as encouraging as the subway T-shirt.

I hope you are blessed today!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin