We escaped The Rectangle and had a great dinner at Le Cirque on Saturday night. Kyle was able to secure reservations for the grand opening weekend. He was really excited because it's supposed to be one of the fanciest restaurants in New York. The original Le Cirque closed 2 years ago and re-opened last week in the new Bloomberg Building on theUpper East Side. The chef was Martha Stewart's personal chef while she was under house arrest (what a thing to have on your resume? I guess??)
We spent a leisurely 2 1/2 hours (yes, when you live in a rectangle you will prolong any time spent outside the rectangle) dining under a chic fabric-draped circus-inspired tent top (if that makes any sense??). One reason Kyle wanted to get reservations is that the restaurant reportedly is the most expensive restaurant interior design construction cost at $15 million. After seeing the place I figured most of the $$ was in the exotic wood paneling and Baccarat chandeliers because the place was quite tiny.
So now it's back to work. Kyle is on a project that is keeping him busy and up at the office late. I miss my Wall Street hubby. No fun when he gets home at bedtime and then leaves again early. My new evening best friends are my ARE study guide and Nutella. I think I'm gonna cut Nutella out of the picture soon because who wants to be best friends with anything that makes your hips bigger? Not moi....
Good news: I met Kyle for dinner down in the financial district. It was nice to see him for a little while, even if it was just dinner. We sat outside by the harbor and watched the sun go down and the dinner ships sail by. It was actually quite pleasant except for the fact that Kyle didn't come back home with me!
For your enjoyment I jotted a sketch of The Rectangle where I live....(this is the most accurate representation since Kyle is usually at work)

It's cuddle time with my study guide.....and.....where's that Nutella???

No comments:
Post a Comment