Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Today I am a Happy Camper

I successfully made stir-fry chicken....on a whim, even...can you believe it?

AND....to add even more excitement the recipe was a concoction of my Rachel Ray cookbook, an Epicurious recipe, and my own fabulous brain. I am equally amazed because I actually enjoyed eating it too.
This a great feat because I especially have some problem eating chicken that I prepare myself for some bizarre-o reason.

On the way home from work I stopped by Sue's Produce--the best produce shop in the 'hood. I got a bunch of veggies for my stir-fry plus some all for $6. So, anyways, I got home and marinated the chicken in orange zest and juice. (This was a super-fabulous idea, by the way). Then, sauteed shallots, ginger, snowpeas, broccoli, carrots & garlic (those first 3 ingredients....never used 'em....NEVER?!...like I said, this is a whim here). One reason I chose this recipe was that it called for me using my shiny, new sharp Santoku knife to chop up a bunch of different things. Chop chop chop....
On a ridiculous side note...yesterday I was desperate to slice something with my new knife so I stood in the kitchen and chopped an apple into crazy sized pieces and ate it piece by piece....I decided leisurely chopping isn't as satisfying as chopping purposefully.
Okay, I digress....
So we were at chop chop chop....and Oops! I did accidently brush the side of my finger ever so slightly in my energetic fervor. Oh well...at least it wasn't worse. It didn't hurt at all. In fact I only realized what happened when I saw blood running down my finger and thought Bloody Chicken Stir-Fry should certainly not be on the menu at Chez Bethancourt tonight. So the fact I didn't notice the cut tells you how sharp the knife is or what a crazed chopping state I was in????

So on to Kyle's big news. He received his grades today and made 2 DS' (Distinguished Student, highest possible score) & 1 HP (High Pass, 2nd highest score). The rest were P's. He was very excited about the DS'. Yay, Kyle! He also went to Jersey today with his co-worker to visit one of their holdings, a Marina, it's within a mile from the Statue of Liberty and has a great view of NYC. I think he enjoyed touring that.

Tomorrow Kyle's friend, Kevin, is coming to visit us for a few days. I hope we can entertain him well.....hee hee....could a trip to you-know-where be in the cards????

Ok, gotta run. We're watching the t.u. vs. USC game and USC is winning at the moment....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin