Life has been boring around these parts. Kyle is busily looking for summer internship possibilities so we got him a few suits this weekend. He looks so sharp and very intellectual in his new suits. (I think I was more excited about suit shopping than he was, actually) I'll have to dress him up like my own life-sized Ken doll and make him do a fashion show so I can take pictures to post :) He's got a few interviews set up for next week , a few resume floating out there, and a few more phone calls out to his mysterious network of contacts. It'll be quite exciting to see where we are this summer. It's looking more and more like NYC is a high possibility....
I've been busy going to New York (was there yesterday). Lately it's been a couple times per week. Hence, the tardiness on the blog and the bags under my eyes.
Today I was an hour late to lunch (the black hole has followed me to Philadelphia!) and ol' Gus, my food truck guy, noticed and commented that I must be busy because I didn't come at my usual time. If you only knew, Gus....if you only knew.....
Well, if the rash of crime sweeping the city doesn't kill us, maybe our apartment elevator will. Wouldn't that be ironic? Yes, let's back up there...."rash of crime sweeping the city". In the past week there has been a woman raped, a Wharton classmate robbed at gun point (just yesterday), and today a Drexel grad student was chosen at random to be beaten up while the kids videotaped.
Those first 2 things happened in the rectangle area between where I work and where we live--yowsers!!
But my bets are on the elevator killing us first. Kyle reported that while he was waiting in the 15 people deep rush hour line in the lobby a guy told him he was taking the freight elevator (which has to be run with someone from management because it won't close or open on its own) which dropped (yes DROPPED) four feet and stopped in between floors and everyone had to crawl out to the floor. Now, that's scary!
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment