Sunday, April 04, 2010

Anna's Birthday Party

I'm a week late on this post but here it finally is....pictures and all....

Anna's birthday was last Saturday. However, she and I started partying the Friday before. Kyle had gone to an overnight retreat Friday night and John went on an overnight sleepover in College Station with Mamaw and Grandpa. So it was just us girls and we decided to do some antiquing and junk rummaging at Heights Antiques and The Guild Shop, respectively.


On the morning of her birthday I went into Anna's room singing Happy Birthday (by myself since everone was gone) and she clapped wildly for me....after she woke up a bit....initially, not too impressed by my singing, I gather??



Then we went out to my car to pick up her homemade cupcakes from the Dessert Diva, my friend Gwendolyn. Flat tire. AH! This totally threw off my plans and pinched me for time but it all worked out.

In the end, Anna had a modest gathering of family over for her 1st birthday. The spread included Chick-fil-A nuggets, chicken salad croissant sandwiches, a green salad, a fruit salad, cheese and crackers......


......and delectable amaretto flavored cupcakes by the lovely Gwendolyn.




Besides these store-bought hydrangeas the tablescape decor was provided courtesy of my sweet little garden and rose bushes....
Love. my. rose. bush-ezzzzzzzz!


perfect!


The birthday girl had all her naps in so she was in a fairly good mood. She was a little wary of all the people smothering her with so much attention....


...literally smothering her with love and attention.....


......John, however, had no problem with the attention.....

....Anna warmed up to my Aunt Rosy while sporting her feather boa.....


...birthday girl hated the cupcake....although crying was a better reaction than the previous day when Dianna the Photographess took pictures of her with a birthday cake (more on that story in another post).


.....see, not too bad once you taste it and you don't have 50 eyes staring at you....


Anna opening her Madame Alexander doll from Granny and Papaw.


Happy 1st Birthday, Anna Love!

Anna with her Mamaw and Grandpa...she's a serious one




3 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

Fun decor for the party! Love all the pink, and those cupcakes sound delish!

Katie-Rose said...

That picture of John and Anna is one of the cutest pictures I've seen in a really long time!!

Cheryl said...

I'm sitting here with Magali looking at Anna's Pictures and Magali can't stop talking to Anna. She keeps talking away like she's known her forever and when I walk away and come back, she waves to her. It's hilarious. Just had to share.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin