So I've been in party planning mode the past few weeks and I think it's starting to get to me . I helped host a baby shower last Saturday for Kimberly. Then for Father's Day we had our families (about 16 people) over to grill burgers. And this weekend I'm hosting a baby shower at my place for Kristen. I must have hostess anxiety because I had a nightmare last night that no one brought the main dish for the party on Saturday. All the guests were here and they were stuck eating fruit and I panicked because there was no food. I think this may have to do with the fact that on Sunday when we were grilling burgers I realized I didn't have enough cheese and started to panic. Look how that's affected me? I'm having food nightmares now?!
Today marks John's 3rd day of swim lessons. He has done fairly well. He likes jumping in the water from the side of the pool. He likes chasing the ball around the pool. He loves the songs we sing. He hates being on his back and getting his ears under the water. And he absolutely hates being immersed. Today was our first "immersion day" and that went over quite poorly.
Today was also a great day because we got to see Philly Kara!!!! She was in town and stopped by this morning with her sister, Ami, for a quick visit. I miss my Philly friend. It was beneficial having Ami around because we were graced with a hilarious story of Kara being locked out of her brownstone and then deciding the best method of entry was to crawl through the mail slot where she proceeded to get stuck. Kara, you are awesome and completely resourceful! :)Love you!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment