Monday, January 21, 2008

Greetings from the Beautiful Andes Mountains!

Our big international travel plans had a bit of a rough start. When we arrived at the airport on Tuesday we had a little issue with my mom’s passport so they wouldn’t let us board the plane. Apparently, by Ecuadorian law, your passport can’t be within 6 months of expiring when you enter the country. My mom’s passport will expire this April. Who knew the expiration date wasn’t really the expiration date?? How annoying. After getting special permission from the Ecuadorian immigration office, we were able to take the same flight but the next day. The nice Continental man didn’t charge us for the switcharoo.

John did great on the flight. Five hours is a long time to entertain an infant but at least there were two of us. He hadn’t pooped for several days and wouldn’t ya know he decided travel day would be the day to unleash the fury (of course....). I must note that I am now certified to travel with a child alone. This may be TMI but I’m proud of my industriousness: I changed John’s diaper in the airplane bathroom and also used the facilities myself. Let me tell you people, that takes some serious skill. And that’s all I have to say about that.

We took a road trip to Otavalo on Saturday. I really wish I could upload pictures because we bought John a traditional Otavaleno outfit (just for you, Cami) and he looks so crazy adorable.

Today my mom, my Abuelita, and me decided to celebrate The King by getting manis. We went to this place around the corner from Abuelita’s house and we really splurged on our $3 manicures.

So that’s all the news for now. We are missing Kyle terribly. I think John really misses his evening showers with Daddy....only a few more days!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin