Thursday, October 19, 2006

How in the world....

....do you mess up a black bean, rice & chesse burrito?
Let me tell you how:
#1 Drown the burrito contents in 4 heaping tablespoons of cheap salsa
#2 Use mealy, mushy white flavorless rice
#3 Use completely too much onion proportional to the size of the burrito
#4 Wrap the burrito loosely so it feels like a trash receptacle for left over food that didn't make it to the garbage

My experience at lunch was less than happy. I really wanted to take the burrito downstairs and give it to the person who made it and ask if she would ever eat something that looked like what she gave me.

I set out for my SECOND lunch of the day and ended up at Quiznos where I grudgingly overpaid for my sandwich but after the bad burrito I was so happy to have something that looked edible I didn't really care. Freebirds, where are you when I need you?!

Kyle and I met up with his parents for dinner in New York on Tuesday night. We had a nice time visiting with the fam. Debbie recounted her harrowing tale of being hand-cuffed and patted down on Canal Street for buying fake merchandise and participating in general criminal mischeif. OK, not really. She and some friends just witnessed a police raid on the stores down there. But still....very COPS-ish and exciting.

Of course no visit to New York would be complete without a celebrity sighting by yours truly. At first I thought the man sitting in the table across from us was a newscaster or someone who....would be.....on the....news?? I couldn't put my finger on it and then after Kyle said he looked like a politician it hit me like a "potatoe"....that's Dan Quayle....our beloved, spelling-challenged former VP. Imagine that.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin