Monday, April 03, 2006

What City Am I In?

WHAT A WEEK?! It's been a whirlwind. Lots of news:

I went to NYC on Tuesday expecting to come back Thursday but they decided to keep me another day until Friday. And then I scheduled a last-minute apartment viewing on Friday night so Kyle came up and we stayed with some friends since we had a show to see Saturday afternoon. Phew! I was so unprepared to be away from home and from my hubby for so long!

We scheduled a bunch of apartment viewings for Saturday morning before our show. This morning was a cold and rainy nasty morning. We went to our first appt. and were excited about the location (super close to the subways), really liked the couple that was subleasing, and the apartment was furnished nicely and it was clean. This was the 3rd (best and cleanest) apartment I had seen and the 1st Kyle had seen. We found out the price and were immediately excited because it was less than what we were expecting to spend. We left and decided we would take the place. We called the guy back not 5 minutes later and there was already someone else looking at it! QUICK, Bethancourts: Take Action!

After the other people left we hussled it back, left a deposit, and the deal was done! We successfully navigated the New York real estate market and have a sublease for our summer in NY! It's an adorable little brownstone on a residential street located between Chelsea and Greenwich Village. Near Union Square, 1 subway stop from Kyle's office and a few subway stops from my office. It's cute and perfect for the two of us for the summer. We are SO glad that is taken care of. It was so time consuming to schedule appointments and since I've been working from 9 AM to 10 PM there was no chance of scheduling appointments for the days I was in the city for work. That task is crossed off my list!

We went off to see Three Days of Rain with Julia Roberts. I would have to give it a C+ I suppose. It was average. Seeing Julia Roberts on-stage was exciting. And one of the guys from Alias, Bradley Cooper, was in the show as well. It was fun to see real movie/TV people up close. The show was kind of serious and the characters were a bit crazy. Hard to explain but it wasn't what I was expecting. The second act was definitely better that the first act. So that's all. I'm pooped. Goodnight.

Here are pictures of our trip to Longwood last weekend.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin