
So the train ride back from NYC was one of the most miserable I've experienced thus far. Several of the trains before mine were running late and as I watched the Penn Station board carefully for my train track number to show up my train listing disappeared momentarily! Thankfully it reappeared but in the meantime I had a small panic attack. Being a veteran train traveler, with the track listing delayed, I decided to move to the concourse level of the Station to watch the monitors instead of watching the large board on the upper level. As soon as the track number flashed on the screen I took off like a bullet! I arrived at the train only to realize it was pretty full already so I grabbed the first seat available. Then all the people who were watching the board from the upstairs arrived and it was pandemonium. People from the earlier delayed trains were told to take our train. All seats were full, the entire aisle was packed with people and it was unpleasant. Some unfortunate people stood the entire way from New York to Philly. The train ticket man didn't even have room to come around and check tickets until 10 minutes before we got to Philadelphia. There just wasn't room for him to move. It got so hot in the train. It was hard to believe it was 20 degrees outside. I wanted to throw myself out the window. In fact, I never put my coat back on after I left the train.
Well, it's 10 PM and I'm off to eat dinner. I think it'll be cereal tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment