Friday, May 13, 2011

Disaster Averted

So of course on Monday morning I was scrambling (as usual) to get the kids off to school when I realized it was Pet Day at MDO. Yikes! 20 minutes until we must leave and we have no pet for the Pet Show parade. My child will be scarred for life if he doesn't get to show off his "pet".

In absolute panic and desperation, I race outside with the 2 kids following me like ducklings, a spade in my hand desperately digging in the flower beds for an earthworm. I had planned to do this on Sunday night but obviously forgot. The good news is that my neighbors got a glimpse of crazy as I jumped from one spot in the flower beds to another in an attempt to find a worm that was bigger in radius than a toothpick. I was sweating, it was 8:55 AM (school starts at 9), we finally decided on a little guy. I frantically punched holes in the top of the tupperware that was to be his temporary home and we were off. (I don't even know if earthworms need that much air but I didn't want to risk a tragedy)

We named him "Banjo" after John's current fave tune: "Oh, Susannah"

Photobucket

John was very proud of Banjo and a little concerned when we first "bottled him up" that he might miss his family. I assured him we would bring him back to his rightful home

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

shannonmichaelis said...

Oh my word! Hilarious prize!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin