When you tell Anna to smile she makes this crazy squinty-eyed face....I remember John going through this lovely phase...."cheeeeeze!"
Dad's Little Superhero's
Faster than a speeding bullet!
It's SUPER ANNA!!!!
.....with her Super Brother Man.....
On Friday morning, Anna and I went to a pumpkin patch with my sister in law and neice. This year we missed our annual St. Luke's Pumpkin Patch date with Emily and her son. Boo! Emily and I have had this tradition the past 2 years but this year conflicting school schedules and general busyness with us both having 2 kids it didn't happen. bummer. Maybe next year.
Here is Sadie on a "horse"
Anna posing in the pumpkin cut-out
Then Sadie...too cute!
On Saturday we woke up bright and early and went to the Spring Valley Fall Festival. This annual festival is one of our favorite things to do in the area. There are games for the kids like this inflatable baseball thing
Bounce houses...Anna was thinking about conquering this one in her super cape....
John wore his Aggie jersey in honor of the game later that day
Super Aggie!
There was face painting and brush painting. Here John is attempting to write his name (his new obsession--more on that later). He's got the green J and O but the brush gave him some problems after that
Pony rides!
A scary-turned-friendly clown
Another little game where they clock how fast you throw a baseball with a little radar gun. I think John topped about 11 mph?
Little Anna's throw didn't register on the radar gun but at least she tried!
Of course Kyle had to try his hand at this game and he made it to 49 mph. No Tim Lincecum but a noteworthy accomplishment. Speaking of noteworthy accomplishments there was a "Candy Tent" at the festival which was basically a tent where you get a little bag and fill it up with all the candy you want. Super. No game, no rules....just fill up your bag with all the candy you can. I think Kyle liked this tent more than the kids. Gummy candies galore!
Saturday afternoon our church had their fall festival which we didn't make it to. It was from 2-5 PM which was napping/quiet hour for the kids so that didn't work out for us this year. Hopefully we will go next year.
Saturday evening our neighborhood was set up for the annual Halloween party and we enjoyed BBQ and games with our neighbors. The superheros loaded up on their bikes and headed to the cul-de-sac to party with their friends...fun times
My parents came over to join in the fun!
The actual Trick-or-Treat event was Sunday night and, frankly, I was quite ready for this to be the last day of wearing these costumes every day. Cousin Sadie came over to walk the streets with us. I took about 15 pictures of these kids and this was the best one I got...um, it's hard to get 3 kids to sit and smile....naturally
We only have 2 streets in our little community. We made it up and down our street, which took us 45 minutes, because Sadie and Anna have short legs, ya know. We know all our neighbors and the kids had a blast. Our neighborhood does trick or treating early, during twilight, since most of our trick or treaters are under 7 or 8 years old. Some people sat outside with their candy. Quite a few people our parent's age who just got a kick out of all the little ones in their costumes. I'm not very big on all the darkness and evil part of Halloween so I have to say Sunday night was very sweet and fun and I'm thankful we live in a neighborhood where it is easy and safe to trick or treat with the little ones.



No comments:
Post a Comment