Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not Much and A Whole Lot....

.....has been happening at our house the past few weeks.

Last week John was on Spring Break so we did many things to occupy our time. We went to the Children's Museum one day, visited with an old high school friend and her kids another day, played with Mamaw and cousin Sadie another day. We've also been enjoying the beautiful weather lately and the extra daylight. More time outdoors = happy and well rested children.

I also decided to finally get on the ball and plan a little family get-together birthday party for Anna's Big Numero Uno Birthday Party. It's going to be a rather small affair. When our family gets together it seems to be big enough, anyway. I wanted to make a little picture montage of Anna's 1st year which turned into a 5-hour/2 evening ordeal once I discoverd I had Windows Movie Maker on my computer and could do a fancy slide show set to music....complete with a custom DVD label, OF COURSE. Yowza! "Keep it simple" is a foreign concept to me. Kyle has already predicted that DVD-making is going to be my next obsessive creative outlet. Not to worry, my friend, I've got enough of those....

I've been busy taking lots of pictures and practicing with my fancy camera. Lovin'. it.

I bought a $20 table at Goodwill that I am going to transform with a new paint technique I've been wanting to try. Hello, my name is Lori and I'm a table addict. Cute, unique tables follow me wherever I go. I can't help it. My mom is addicted to chairs. I have a table problem. It's genetic.

Getting ready for a photographer friend to take pictures of Anna for her 1 year photos. She did John's and I know Anna's are going to be great. I finally get to be in a few pictures for once! Anyways, pray for my sanity on Friday morning. Picture days have a history of making me sweat and hyperventilate. Too much pressure! Everybody better be happy and smiley.....or else.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin