Monday, November 02, 2009

Post Halloween Happenings in the Hood

Our latest news is that Kyle is a bit down with some mysterious illness. All of us are avoiding him like the plague. I feel bad for him since he never gets sick so it's tough to see him holed up sleeping most of the day. He came home at lunch time today and snuck in the house without John seeing him. Otherwise John would have demanded play time and cuddle time and I can't have John or Anna sick this week. Nor is Kyle in the mood to be rambuctious at the moment.

Kyle's illness is big news but that was usurped this evening by another story of greater importance and bewilderment. This evening at 9:10 Kyle and I heard a crazy brick breaking/glass breaking/something breaking noise. I know it was 9:10 because I'm one of those crazy people when I hear (what could be) gunshots or odd noises I take note of the time in case it is of importance later on. (Oh, I watch 48 Hours Mystery, people...the exact time of an event can make or break a case, okaaaay? ok.)

Anyways, a few minutes later Kyle hushed me for making too much noise opening a Teddy Grahams box (so sue me....I had the munchies....and I have no qualms about stealing John's snacks). I stopped moving and we heard people yelling, then we heard sirens.

Kyle locked down the house but I wanted to step out the front door to see some action. When we walked out together our neighbor across the street told us her husband and two other neighbors just took off running down the street chasing a man on foot (hence, the yelling we heard).

The story: A car came crashing through the exit side of our gate (we live in a gated horseshoe shaped 2-street neighborhood), tearing down our street all the way to the end of the cul-de-sac, took a left thinking there was a way out of the neighborhood, then ran straight into the master bedroom of a house where new neighbors had just moved in about 2 months ago. Welcome to the neighborhood!

So the driver was the man the neighbors were chasing on foot but he outran them. The passenger of the vehicle was still on the scene, standing around talking to people and seemed coherent to me. Not sure how the heck he was going to explain that one to the Coppers except we overheard him claiming he didn't know the guy who was driving....interesting story. I don't know too many people that get into cars with unknown drunk and/or high people but whatever....

Thankfully no one was physically injured but I had never seen a car inside a house and certainly not in a cul-de-sac of a usually very peaceful gated community. So bizarre. And speaking of bizarre...six tow trucks showed up and a bunch of us standing outside noticed a lot of commotion, huddling over, flashlights, and coins clanging on pavement. Would ya know it those tow truckers were flipping coins to see who was going to get the job. Never seen that before either but I don't frequent accident scenes so maybe that's the way they roll?

to be continued....

1 comment:

The Bethancourts said...

Insanity, sheer insanity! I bet he wasn't drunk probably just attempting real life MarioKart...cut him some slack already. He thought that house was worth 10,000 coins!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin