So my sweet husband is very generous in allowing us to have a babysitter come help out with the kids during the day on occasion. Usually I leave both of them with her while I do things like grocery shopping and run errands that would normally take me forever to do with 2 kids in tow. Today, however, I decided it would be a good idea for me to spend a little one on one time with my man. I left Anna with the sitter and John and I took off for our big date at Pump It Up.
I chose Pump It Up because when we were leaving church yesterday we drove by the large movie theater/entertainment complex where Pump It Up is located and John pointed and wistfully said "I go to Pump It Up..." He's only been there 3 times but apparently it's made an impression.
The last time I was by myself with John was in July when I took him to the pool for an hour while Anna napped with a sitter. It had been a while and I was so happy to have this special time to focus on John and he was SOOOOO excited when I told him where we were going.
I was very proud of him today because he did this huge and difficult (for his age) obstacle course all by himself. Last time we were here (in August) Kyle or I had to do this particular obstacle course with him and he was terrified of the whole thing especially the slide part. I was so proud to see my little guy work so determinedly (is that a word?) to climb and do this himself. This a little boy who went down a playground slide for the first time by himself only 2 months ago. "Cautious" is his middle name, baby.
Here's a video of the last part of the obstacle course---a really steep climbing wall to the top of the big slide.
Go John!
It was so sweet to hear him tell the story about it all day long...and my favorite part of him telling the story is that he says, "Mommy, I go beery fast but you catch me" and then he nods his head as if to say "I knew you'd be there for me". I feel so special knowing that he felt like he could conquer that big slide because he knew Mommy was going to catch him at the end....if only I could catch you always, little man....but I'll do it while I can and while you'll let me.
I love your little 2 1/2 self, baby! XOXOXO

3 comments:
fyi - just went to the bellaire one last friday and it's lots better in my opinion for our kids' age. yea for john!
Wow, he's getting so big!
Whoa! I'm really impressed he did the climb and the slide all by himself! And he didn't even miss a step on the way up. That takes coordination! Way to go John!
Post a Comment