Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Park Peculiararities

Since I've been jogging at the park with John the past month I've seen some strange characters on the track. You never know who'll surprise you. My first run in with crazy was the 2 slightly overweight women wearing sauna suits...

Now these suits don't look so hot (no pun intended) on average looking people but on two slightly plump women jogging? Comical. They kinda looked like a spaceship dropped them off in the park and they were running away from aliens.

Then there was Zeus jogging the other day. The old man with a mustache and flowing white scraggly beard that extended past his hairy shoulders. As he ran the beard billowed in the wind. Yes. I said "billowed". He got some looks.

Then today I saw a man in a green plaid kilt carrying a backpack around the track. I don't really know what to say about that....


A footnote regarding the finger:
It looks gnarly today. I've tried to keep it covered up with Neosporin and Band-Aids to avoid seeing it. And thank goodness I have a full bottle of Vicodin left over from John's birth. Those little pills keep the finger throb at bay so I can get some shut-eye.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin