Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter and Beyond

I hope everyone had a great Easter! I know it's so late for that but things have been busy in the B-court household. I'll tell you what's been going on:

Kyle and I decided to splurge on 2 new baby gadgets. A video monitor and a BOB jogging stroller. The video monitor is great. From the comfort of my bed I can see our little pookie-bear in his crib struggling to find his pacifier at 3 AM and when he finally locates it and sticks it in his mouth mama can lay back down and go back to sleep instead of risking life and limb shuffling through the booby-trapped-with-toys-ready-to-knock-you-off-your-feet-when-you-least-expect-it living room.

The stroller is fantabulous. It is a dream to push and I have actually even started jogging. Imagine that. I go every other day with John and he just loves it. All the people, all the dogs, all the freaks who jog with their arms flailing at their sides instead of holding them up and pumping like a normal person??? But that's another story....

The jogging hobby is quite timely because another big milestone is The Weaning of Baby John. Which means my super-metabolism is declining. BUT I still love to eat A LOT which is a problem because my body isn't burning all the calories it used to making mommy milk. So now I eat baby carrots for snacks (barf!) I'm really trying to have a good attitude about this....

So the weaning is a work in progress because JTB has some definite opinions on the subject but he is slowly warming up to cow's milk. We have a battle of the wills every day and I keep trying to come up with new routines, bottles, etc. that might please him. One thing I have found is that he doesn't like to be cradled or held like a baby when I give him his milk bottle. He likes to sit on the floor while I hold the bottle for him. P-I-C-K-Y...aren't we? Big boys who drink milk apparently sit on the floor. Whatever works....

Oh, and I'm tackling making drapes for the living room which I don't even want to discuss because I mismeasured and now I'm having to fix things. NO! I said I don't want to talk about it! Hush!

That's our life the past few weeks....here are some pictures....

Easter Egg Hunt--always the fair one, Kyle spread out my cousins according to their athletic ability before saying"GO!"

The race is on. I wish you could see the intensity on my cousin, Gonzalo's, face (yellow shirt). It's priceless.

John and Grandpa enjoying the Easter Egg Hunt from a distance

John with his cousins



Daddy's little helper


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin