Saturday, February 09, 2008

"Are Your Fingers Broken?"

That was the question Debbie posed to me a few days ago regarding my lack of recent blogging. In fact, my fingers are not broken. My fingers have been very busy---which is the problem! Recently Kyle decided to let me indulge my wild fantasies and make some window treatments for the front 2 rooms, the dining room and the office. Hallelujah! I've been waiting for an excuse to bust out my sewing machine for months now.

So here is the final result of my efforts and the reason I have been neglecting the blog.

Dining room drapes

Office valanceSo there you have it. That is the reason for no updates.

Since our trip to Quito nothing much has happened anyway. John is still not crawling. He can scoot around on the wood floor on his big belly but otherwise doesn't get up on his hands and knees. I'm OK with this for now. I appreciate not having to chase him around the house. After all, he was able to entertain himself quite well while I spent a lot of time measuring, pinning, & sewing. My little man (and my big man) are so patient with my shenanigans.

I got these sunglasses for John today. The picture is blurry but the glasses look so funny. They look like something Endora (from the original Bewitched show) would wear.

Okay so here are the Quito pictures finally!


3 comments:

ww said...

Lori!!! I was so thrilled to see your comment. We miss you terribly, and this is a great way to get our Bethancourt fix. Until Carmel '08. ;-)

John is nothing less than adorable - they grow so darn fast.

And, love the drapes.

ww said...

comment moderation? man, you're hard core.

Emily Kelley said...

WOW!!! I CANNOT believe you made these window treatments!!! They look amazing and professional!! Is there anything you CAN'T do??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin