We're back in Philly! Man, I've never been so happy to be back home. I've been gone from home for over 2 weeks and I just missed all the comforts of being in my own space.
Kyle and I had lots of fun in California. We went to Carmel as soon as I arrived and what was supposed to be a 2 day stay turned into Kyle and I staying there until Wednesday. I mean, how can you leave beautiful Carmel when it's sunny and perfect weather? You can't. So we didn't.
We did a lot of walking on the beach and a lot of walking around town to visit all the cute shops. We also went to Point Lobos State Park and hiked along the coast and saw some beautiful rocky shoreline views. On Friday we visited Muir Woods and hiked a beautiful path among the giant Redwood trees. There is a stream that flows right next to the path so it was really peaceful and serene and the trees were SOoooo tall! I tell you, I walked so much on this trip I'm surprised Bun didn't force his way out. We just did everything very slowly and leisurely which is what vacation is all about anyways, right?!
Click here for the pictures
The worst part of the whole trip was the plane ride back from California. We woke up at 3:45 AM to catch our 6 AM flight. 2.5 hour plane ride to Denver and 3.5 hours to Philadelphia. Plus crossing 3 time zones. Not cool. I was quite uncomfortable being in my 31st week! As the plane landed in Philly I really wanted to stampede the people to get off the plane but I kept myself under control. Plus daylight savings was last night so I was still hurting this morning....
Bun update: I predict he is practicing to be a King-Fu fighter because the little man will not stop moving. Doesn't he believe in sleeping??
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment